Sunday, February 6, 2011

lost


"Adopt the pace of nature: 
her secret is patience."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sometimes a conflict erupts and leaves me feeling lost. Lost in what it all means. Lost in where the fight leaves us. We didn't say terrible things, or utter a mention of any permanent consequences, but the feeling is hard to shake. It's a process of patience, and probably maturity, simultaneously. But those moments of patience, where I wait for things to make sense again, are confusing. What does it mean? What is right? Where is my guidebook to life? Then, as I think of what can be done, the answer comes to me. There is nothing I can say/do/think that would be right. It just takes patience. And the patience brings peace, and in the moment a hot bath and Vogue will do the same.




Because when real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep walking. -Sex and the City

No comments: