Monday, November 7, 2011

holiday decor

November is well underway, whether I'm ready or not. Which means the holidays will come and go well before I've had my fill of gingerbread lattes. 
Coffee drinks aside, the decorations are one of the best parts of the holidays. Twinkle lights earn the respect they deserve and red is everywhere without being too bold. While buying red and green peanut m&ms is the extent of my decoration so far, I've been brainstorming with great intentions.

Here are a few of my favorite ideas for holiday home decor.

Stovetop potpourri is such a romantic tradition. It was a staple to have cinnamon sticks on the stovetop growing up, and this collection of orange-peel, cranberries, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg is a variation I can't wait to try on a lazy Sunday. Because smell is everything.

Filling the canister with ornaments is a great, quirky way to bring the holidays into a space! I love this to help coordinate a color scheme or just bring character to the normal decorations.

And finally what holiday isn't complete without 80 wine bottles for the creation of this fabulous wine cork wreath. Love it.

More details and step by step instructions are available at the links below each image.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Just found your blog! :)

I love the ornaments in a vase, and the wine bottle wreath is super cute too!
I've never done a stovetop potpourri, but imagining the smells that recipe would create makes me want to try it!!!!!