Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quinoa Salad


Quinoa has recently become my magical side dish. It is healthy (gluten-free) and could not be more versatile. My brother, who is as unhealthy as it gets and celebrates when he can order a McRib at McDonalds, enjoyed this ultra-healthy little edible seed, surprising everyone.

1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbl thyme
1 tbl red pepper flakes
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
kosher salt and pepper

Prepare the quinoa according to package (bring to boil, cover and simmer until water is absorbed) with the chicken broth. 

Transfer to serving bowl and mix with remaining ingredients.

2 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited about this recipe!!! I bought some quinoa (it's red though...do you think that matters?) and I haven't really had any ideas of what to do with it. This sounds perfect!! Thanks girl! :)

Gorgeous Glam said...

yumm! I have a full bag at home just waiting for this recipe! Thanks doll ;)