Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wine for Thanksgiving

The wine choices for my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving! I don't remember having wine or any other type of alcohol at Thanksgiving growing up, but the past few years have been nicely complemented by a few glasses of red wine. My aunt started bringing a seasonal bottle the past couple of years, that is at it's peak during the week of Thanksgiving. I love this idea and think it's a great tradition that our family continues to embrace. Here are some selections for this holiday season!

Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio 2008 or 2009
White Wine tends to be more of a crowd pleaser and Pinot Grigio is one of my (and Ramona's!) favorites. A light and refreshing white wine is a definite favorite for the Thanksgiving holiday. Santa Margherita has a good reputation and Mariah Carey reportedly requested it for one of her photo shoots, so it was a natural choice.

Ravenswood 2008 Petite Sirah Vintners Blend is one of our top picks for Thanksgiving wine.
Ravenswood 2008 Petite Sirah
This spicy wine would go well with Turkey and all the other savories of Thanksgiving dinner. It was recommended in multiple articles and I always like to add something new to the mix.

Dona Paula Los Cardos Malbec 2008
Argentinian wine will always hold a special place in my heart. Malbec has a bold taste, but is so perfect with red meat that it leaves you wondering why you would drink anything else. Before I went to Argentina, I discovered this Dona Paula Los Cardos wine and fell in love. It's readily available and very reasonably priced, a great option if you plan on entertaining many red wine lovers.

No comments: