Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Say something, say something



Life Lesson #1:
Always have something to say.

When surrounded by others, it is important for me to find something interesting and different to talk about. I want to connect with them in some productive manner. Maybe this is from a desire to make a lasting impression, I'm not sure, but I do know that I want to know people, and rarely does that come from talking about the weather.

When I'm nervous, there is unnecessary rambling that I resort to or, even worse, telling jokes, FAIL. And so I have decided, through countless life experiences that it is always better to have something to say on standby, some little (relevant) tidbit to share.* This is my first (very humble) life lesson. When you are at a party and the conversation begins to lull, you insert this little tidbit that's been stored up for moments like this. I always find it easier to meet and relate to people when I have something interesting to talk about, rather than exchanging the monotonous, where are you from? what do you do? conversations.

*Disclaimer-It is not always wise to say what you have to say, but let the option exist.

1 comment:

Aron said...

I went to your old blog first... I see you made the switch. I was thinking of going the other way. You happier here?