Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dry Skin Part I – Moisturizer

Moisture is winter’s million-dollar question. The combination of harsh winter winds and abrasive indoor heaters work a real number on my skin. It’s irritable and dry, laughing in the face of the products I’ve used loyally throughout the year. 

Each year I foolishly think my skin will reject the woes of winter but, predictably, I find myself scouring the Internet for a miracle moisturizer at the first frost. This week, winter hit Dallas, so here I am in my annual state of déjà vu.

Luckily, I have a few at-home remedies that are immediately available, while my arsenal of moisturizers-to-try ships to my doorstep. 

Egyptian Magic is magic. I use a bit of this at night.



Embroylisse is a staple.  Perfect for daytime.



Elizabeth Arden 8-hour cream is a great, multi-use product for lips, nails or dry skin. I’ve read some reviews that suggest using it as a mask as well. 


Stay tuned for more product reviews as I battle the winter wind and feel free to leave suggestions.

No comments: