Wednesday, November 2, 2011

philosophical learnings and elle woods

In school, philosophy was always my favorite. I once petitioned to keep the philosophy teacher at my high school. (I was a very cool kid.) But all this popularity aside, thinking outside the box helps to put your own box in perspective. Have I lost you? I've lost myself. 

Anywho, here's a little tidbit I rediscovered today:

For it is no light undertaking to separate what is original from what is artificial in the present nature of man, and to have a proper understanding of a state which no longer exists, which perhaps never existed, which probably never will exist, and yet about which it is necessary to have accurate notions in order to judge properly our own present state. 
-Jean-Jacques Rosseau

Maybe we spend our whole lives trying to find our original self. 

But what does that mean?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Deep thoughts here chica! :-) That's philosophy for ya huh!?