Tuesday, May 11, 2010

[20090720002919.jpg]
I'm a sucker for butterflies.
When I was in New York for an internship during my sophomore year of college I bought a butterfly ring at the Tiffany's on 5th Avenue. The legendary Audrey Hepburn Tiffany's. That was the beginning of the butterfly love affair. It stemmed from one of my favorite quotes at the time:

"Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it turned into a butterfly."

I love that hope in the midst of life-threatening disaster. I tend to be a worrier, and it's nice to be reminded of rainbows and butterflies in the midst of storms.

These are on sale at anthropologie:
Pave Butterfly Posts
let the love affair continue...

4 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

LOVE that quote!!! I need you to post a picture of that ring one day!!! I bet it's just beautiful! :)

Bree said...

The earings are adorable, but I have a terrible phobia of butterflies! Like unreal, I cower away and hide and run! haha Worse than spiders and bugs..weird, yes.

the southern hostess said...

I've always loved butterflies too. And yes, we need to see your ring!

Iva Messy said...

I adore butterflies too! There is just something so truly beautiful and magical about them! Happy Wednesday! I hope you have a good day! :)