Thursday, May 20, 2010

fried sushi

Dear Thursday, I love you. You're such a promising weekday, as Friday is right around the corner to bring me the weekend!

Last night I ordered a fried sushi roll. I hate fried sushi, it completely defeats the point and I avoid it always. But last night the menu tricked me, or I marked the wrong jalapeño roll...not sure which. What I wanted was yellowtail, jalapeño and cream cheese, which is what I got, but fried on the outside. Really took it down a notch.

Anyways, I stumbled across this beautiful event and had to share.
The Pierre Ballroom decorated by Bronson van Wyck...
2010-05-20-P1070289.JPG
Recreating the winter migration of Monarch butterflies.
2010-05-20-P1070128.JPG
Isn't it wonderful?
(And I promise no more butterflies for a while.)

2 comments:

Kayla said...

It's beautiful. And there isn't really ever too many butterflies.

http://ramblingofasmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Wow!!! That's amazing!! I went to a butterfly place one time where there were butterflies and birds flying all around you but it wasn't nearly as cool as those pictures!!

I've never had fried sushi!!! Where have I been?!